The DOE has finally announced the SHSAT test date for current 8th graders! Read on for the latest.
What We Know
- Test date confirmed for Thursday, December 2.
- Registered 8th grade students who attend a public DOE middle school will test at their current school during the school day.
- Registered 8th grade students who attend charter, private, parochial, or independent schools, or who are homeschooled will test at a centralized DOE location on Sunday, December 5 or Saturday, December 11.
- Families were notified on October 14 that welcome letters are available and SHSAT registration is open.
- Families will be able to register and indicate each child’s preference order for the testing Specialized High Schools when they submit their SHSAT registration in MySchools.
- The deadline to register for the SHSAT is November 15, 2021.
There are several steps to take to be ready for the test.
Receive Welcome Letter and Register for the Test via MySchools
Your Welcome Letter and login information to register for the SHSAT should have come via email on Thursday, October 14. Don’t forget to check your inbox, spam, and junk folders!
If you have trouble, or if your child attends a private or parochial school or is homeschooled, contact a Family Welcome Center to set up an account and get your letter.
Discuss Specialized High School Preference Order
If you haven’t already decided, now is the time to sit down with your student to discuss the order in which you would like to rank the specialized high schools. This will be part of the registration process so it is best to know your preferred ranking ahead of logging into MySchools.
Keep (or start) Studying
For students in our classes and programming, continue to show up for class, take notes, and practice on your homework. Also review your old coursework, homework and practice tests. Your student may be eligible for complimentary enrollment in our SHSAT Bridge Programming. Keep an eye out for an email from us mid-October for confirmation and next steps!
If you need personalized attention, or want to supplement your group class, email us to set up private tutoring.