Don't see the location, day, or time you want? Email us at he[email protected] - we'll see what we can do!
Have questions? We've got answers!
How do I enroll?
For the best experience, consider using a desktop, laptop, or tablet.
- Scroll up until you see "Section 1".
- Section 1: Click "Add New Student" or log in to select an existing student profile associated with your account for a fast and easy checkout.
- Section 2: Select the option that works best for you.
- Click "Register Now" to be taken to the checkout page. If you're a new user, you'll create an account for yourself and submit payment then.
- Once successfully submitted, a receipt will display and be emailed to you.
- Our team will email a separate confirmation to you.
- Add [email protected] to your address book and email filters (so we don't end up in spam!).
Where can I review the recording from your presentation to the 75 Morton community?
If you missed our live presentation, here is the recording!
Who is this course for? Will you host other programs later in the year?
This course is intended for 7th graders planning to sit for the 2023 SHSAT test dates.
This past year, we saw that 8th graders (who took the 2022 SHSAT) were underperforming compared to students in previous cohorts (those who took earlier SHSATs). This is the result of pandemic-related learning losses that have significantly reduced the reading and mathematics achievement levels of students across the city.
Private tutoring is always available for students who wish to supplement their in-class learning. Email [email protected] to get started.
What should my student expect from the course?
- Applications (Spring 7th Grade - 8 Classes + 2 Practice Tests)
- gives students the opportunity to apply the fundamentals to test-like questions and scenarios
- reinforces concepts in 7th grade common core curriculum
- introduces students to the test-taking strategies needed for success on the test
- includes a diagnostic and two practice tests: a start-of-semester and end-of-semester practice test
- Summer Practice (Summer between 7th and 8th Grade - 4 Practice Tests)
- 4 realistic, live-proctored practice tests
- each test includes a full score report, complete with a scaled score estimate and answer key
- [optional add on with additional tuition] join our summer Practice Test Workshop for review sessions
- Reinforcement (Fall 8th Grade - 6 Classes + 3 Practice Tests)
- provides students the opportunity to build good test-taking habits
- reinforces the concepts covered in Applications
- includes three practice tests to help build confidence through experience
Where and when are classes and tests held?
- Classes are held in-person, after school, at 75 Morton
- Subject to minimum enrollment requirements and DOE permits
- Tests are administered online via Zoom
What happens if I need to miss class or a test?
Let us know as soon as possible! If you need to miss a class, students can access video recordings of the missed unit to obtain notes and complete the necessary homework assignments before the next lesson. If you need to miss a test, students can self-proctor using the At Home Proctoring Video found in their class portal. Your student will already have all of the necessary materials!
What materials are included?
Tuition includes one copy of all materials (replacement copies available at $100/copy). Students will receive:
- Original and proprietary materials only available to students in our classes
- 10-Session SHSAT Coursebook (Applications semester)
- 9-Session SHSAT Coursebook (Reinforcement semester)
- 4 officially released, DOE practice tests (Summer Practice semester)
- Our best-selling workbook NYC SHSAT: 1200+ Practice Questions
- Includes 2 extra Practice Tests not used in class!
- Virtual classroom portal access, where students and parents can:
- watch video recordings of class lessons
- submit homework
- view progress
- see homework results
- review detailed practice test score reports
- play proctoring videos for independent testing
What are your COVID-19 policies and contingencies?
The safety of all program participants and staff is a top priority for us, so our policies will always be aligned with then-applicable guidance. The policies below supplement those outlined in our Terms and Conditions
. By enrolling in this program, you acknowledge these policies, as well as the policies set forth in our Terms and Conditions.
- Safety Requirements
- We require all of our staff to be fully vaccinated, and will comply with then-applicable rules and regulations issued by valid governing authorities regarding staff vaccination requirements.
- We will comply with and enforce then-applicable rules and regulations issued by valid governing authorities regarding student vaccination requirements.
- We will comply with and enforce then-applicable rules and regulations issued by valid governing authorities regarding face coverings. As of this writing, all program staff and participants must wear appropriate face coverings. Snacks and beverages may not be consumed in classrooms or other learning settings.
- We expect all families to consider their community and adhere to guidelines enforced by the NYC Department of Education (DOE), The NYC Department of Health (DOH), the administration of 75 Morton School, and by other governing agencies. This includes providing our team with information, like proof of vaccination status, or outcomes from COVID-19 test results, as requested, so that we may fulfill our related legal obligations.
- If your family is unable to comply with these requirements, your student's enrollment in this program may be terminated. At our sole discretion, you may be offered a seat in one-of our synchronous online programs (if there’s space; addition tuition applies), or your enrollment may be changed into an on-demand, asynchronous format.
- No credits or other concessions will be issued for non-compliance.
- If a governing authority (DOE, DOH, 75 Morton administration, etc.) no longer permits us to operate on school property, the program will be transitioned to an online format until we receive permission to resume in-person programming on school property. No credits will be applied in this event.
- If a student is precluded from attending school, that student is also precluded from attending that day’s programming. In that event, we will provide a complementary video recording of that class as a make-up class for the student to complete on their own. If a student isn't able to attend a practice test, we will instead provide access to our click-and-play proctoring video for the student to complete the practice test on their own. No credits will be applied in this event.
- If our staff are unable to host in-person programming, we will inform families as soon as we are aware of the situation and will attempt to secure substitute staffing. If we are not able to secure substitute staffing, the program will be moved online. We will attempt to host the online program on the same day and time as the in-person program, but cannot guarantee that the day and time of an online program would be the same as the in-person program. In this event, we will also issue credits equal to the prorated difference between an online and in-person program, which will be valid through December 31 of this year and can be used toward other programming, like private tutoring, or summer SHSAT enrichment. The maximum credit will not exceed $200, the full tuition difference between an in-person program and an online version of this program.