Ready to Enroll?
For the best experience, consider using a desktop, laptop, or tablet.
- Section 1: Click “Add New Student” or log in to select an existing student profile associated with your account.
- Section 2: Select the option that works best for you.
- Click “Register Now” to be taken to the checkout page. You’ll create an account for yourself and submit payment then.
- Once successfully submitted, a receipt will display and be emailed to you.
- Our team will email a separate confirmation to you.
Have questions? Check out our FAQs!
Where can I review the recording from your presentation to the ESMS community?
Please find the recording we shared with the community below.
Who is this course for?
This course is ONLY for ESMS 7th graders planning to sit for the 2022 SHSAT test dates. Private tutoring is always available for students who wish to supplement their in-class learning. Email [email protected]
to get started.
What should my student expect from the course?
- Applications (Spring 7th Grade – 8 Classes + 2 Practice Tests)
- apply the fundamentals to test-like questions and scenarios
- reinforce concept covered in Introductions & Foundations
- introduces key SHSAT test-taking strategies
- Reinforcement (Fall 8th Grade – 6 Classes + 3 Practice Tests)
- provides students the opportunity to build good test-taking habits
- reinforces the concepts covered in Applications
- includes three practice tests to help build confidence through experience
Where and when are classes and tests held?
Classes and practice tests will be hosted in-person, after school, at East Side Middle School. Please see the course calendar linked here: SHSAT 2022 for ESMS
What happens if I need to miss class or a test?
Let us know as soon as possible! If you need to miss a class, we will supply you with a video recording of that unit so that your student can obtain notes and complete the necessary homework assignments before the next lesson. If you need to miss a test, we can supply you with an At Home Proctoring Video to administer the test at a time that’s more convenient. Your student will already have all of the necessary materials!
What materials do we need for class and how do I receive them?
Tuition includes all materials. Students will receive:
- Our best-selling workbook NYC SHSAT: 1200+ Practice Questions
- Original and proprietary materials only available to students in our classes
- 8-Unit SHSAT Coursebook (Applications semester)
- 6-Unit SHSAT Coursebook (Reinforcement semester)
- Testing Materials Coursebook (Used in Applications and Reinforcement semesters)
- Testing Materials includes 5 Practice Tests + Detailed Score Reports
- Virtual classroom portal, where students and parents can:
- submit homework
- view progress
- see practice test and homework results
For in-person classes, materials will be provided on the first day of class.
What are your COVID-19 policies and contingencies?
The safety of all program participants and staff is a top priority for us, so our policies will always be aligned with then-applicable guidance. The policies below supplement those outlined in our Terms and Conditions
. By enrolling in this program, you acknowledge these policies, as well as the policies set forth in our Terms and Conditions.
- Safety Requirements
- We require all of our staff to be fully vaccinated, and will comply with then-applicable rules and regulations issued by valid governing authorities regarding staff vaccination requirements.
- We will comply with and enforce then-applicable rules and regulations issued by valid governing authorities regarding student vaccination requirements.
- We will comply with and enforce then-applicable rules and regulations issued by valid governing authorities regarding face coverings. As of this writing, all program staff and participants must wear appropriate face coverings. Snacks and beverages may not be consumed in classrooms or other learning settings.
- We expect all families to consider their community and adhere to guidelines enforced by the NYC Department of Education (DOE), The NYC Department of Health (DOH), the administration of East Side Middle School (ESMS), and by other governing agencies. This includes providing our team with information, like proof of vaccination status, or outcomes from COVID-19 test results, as requested, so that we may fulfill our related legal obligations.
- If your family is unable to comply with these requirements, your student’s enrollment in this program may be terminated. At our sole discretion, you may be offered a seat in one-of our synchronous online programs (if there’s space; addition tuition applies), or your enrollment may be changed into an on-demand, asynchronous format.
- No credits or other concessions will be issued for non-compliance.
- If a governing authority (DOE, DOH, ESMS administration, etc.) no longer permits us to operate on school property, the program will be transitioned to an online format until we receive permission to resume in-person programming on school property. No credits will be applied in this event.
- If a student is precluded from attending school, that student is also precluded from attending that day’s programming. In that event, we will provide a complementary video recording of that class as a make-up class for the student to complete on their own. If a student isn’t able to attend a practice test, we will instead provide access to our click-and-play proctoring video for the student to complete the practice test on their own. No credits will be applied in this event.
- If our staff are unable to host in-person programming, we will inform families as soon as we are aware of the situation and will attempt to secure substitute staffing. If we are not able to secure substitute staffing, the program will be moved online. We will attempt to host the online program on the same day and time as the in-person program, but cannot guarantee that the day and time of an online program would be the same as the in-person program. In this event, we will also issue credits equal to the prorated difference between an online and in-person program, which will be valid through December 31 of this year and can be used toward other programming, like private tutoring, or summer SHSAT enrichment. The maximum credit will not exceed $200, the full tuition difference between an in-person program and an online version of this program.